- Nano-drones pose a significant security dilemma. As they become increasingly small, fast, specialised they become increasingly difficult to regulate and defend. There is a high risk of drones being misused with respect to privacy or misused for criminal or terrorist activities.
- Difficult for non‐specialists to operate drones as well as to process and interpret the associated data.
- Regulatory considerations may inhibit use
- They require an initial investment, which may be prohibitive for some, particularly in low-income countries.
- They require access to electricity for charging, which may be prohibitive for some, particularly in low-income countries.
- Malfunction issues